Sunday, March 2, 2008

and so it begins.

hi everyone-

this little project has been in the works for almost a year now - albeit only in my head. I think I was waiting for some sort of magnificent inspiration to strike, that was going to make me into a fabulous music blogger, an all-in-one last.fm/pitchfork/hype machine or something. I guess after waiting for so long, I've realized that this is more about my personal reflections on what a particular piece of music has been doing for me, rather than my ability to form a cult following or fan club, either for myself or for the music being discussed. So I'm going to dive straight into it, without careful consideration for whether or not I'm doing it the "right" way.

I think that talking about a particular artist or a particular album probably isn't the best way for me to express my thoughts about the music I enjoy. So I'll just talk about one song at a time, about what it says to me and how it makes me feel. I hope I'll be able to convey at least a little bit of the expanse of what goes inside my head when I hear a great piece of music.

I hope that you will all enjoy reading what I write, and I also hope that the music I love will find a few more fans. If I go delinquent on this at any point, feel free to harass me into writing again. And if anyone has any suggestions about music you've heard me rave about before, be sure to remind me that I have something good to write about.

Thanks and let's see where this goes!

No comments: